The response to Prefect 2 has been overwhelming in the best way possible.
Thank you to the many community members who tried it out and gave us feedback! Thanks in particular to the students at this week’s Prefect Associate Certification Course (PACC) in San Jose for their thoughtful recommendations and our Club42 members’ feedback about GA-release.
This release is a compilation of enhancements and fixes that make for a more resilient, performant, and refined Prefect experience.
- Schedules set via the API or UI are now preserved when building deployments from the CLI
prefect deployment executecommand has been removed to avoid confusion between running a flow locally from a Python script and running it by an agent using
prefect deployment run
- This repository now includes templates for pull requests and issues to make bug reports and community contributions easier
flow-run-notificationsLoopServices have been made more resilient
- Log inserts have been made more performant through smaller log batches
- Local file system blocks created from the UI now point to the right
- Support for unmapped values to Task.map has been added as requested by Club42 members
deployment buildcommand now supports an optional output flag to customize the name of the deployment.yaml file, to better support projects with multiple flows
To try it out or upgrade:
pip install -U prefect