Welcome! Introduce yourself 👋

Welcome to the Prefect Discourse! We’re thrilled to have you in our community.

To get familiar with the forum, check out our Getting started with Prefect Discourse guide.

Prefect Discourse is a friendly forum providing you a single place to:

• find answers to common questions,
  • contribute your own questions and discuss potential solutions,
  • share your knowledge with the community,
  • learn from each other,
  • stay updated on the latest releases and events.

If you’d like to, you can introduce yourself below. You can share:

• How did you find out about Prefect?
  • How long have you been using it?
  • What do you use Prefect for?
  • What do you want to learn about using Prefect?

Great to have you with us! We can’t wait to see what you’ll build with Prefect. Happy engineering!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! :wave: My name is Chris Reuter, but as a Prefect employee I typically go by Reuter.

I have been using Prefect since I joined (August 2021). Right now I’m working on procuring a Raspberry Pi so I can leverage Prefect as my home automation center. I want to monitor for water leaks, hook up my Arlo cameras, etc.

Look forward to learning more from the community here!

6 Likes

:wave: Hello, I’m Jeremiah!

I’m a workflow enthusiast located in Washington DC. My primary role at Prefect is keeping the world stocked with terrible, terrible, puns, though sometimes I try to be helpful in other ways, too.

I’m really excited we’ve launched this Discourse as a knowledge base complement to our exploding Slack community (…call that a Slack overflow?), and I know it’ll become a critical focal point for our users. Thanks to everyone for joining in!

6 Likes

Let me introduce myself, too! I’m Anna. I’m a Solutions Engineer at Prefect and my job is to help you be successful with Prefect - by providing support, creating content, and helping to expand Prefect’s integrations and community.

I learned about Prefect in early 2020 when I was searching for better tools that would support me in my work as a data engineering consultant. All other workflow orchestration products were frankly quite horrible! :upside_down_face:

Having seen this great product and a vibrant community led me to join Prefect as a first international employee - I’m working from Berlin, Germany! :de:

Can’t wait to hear from you about how you (will) use Prefect for your use case!

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

Kevin Kho here. I’m a Community Engineer at Prefect so I support our users in adopting Prefect. I grew up in Philippines :philippines: and currently live in Orlando.

Outside of Prefect, I also work on Fugue, an abstraction layer for Pandas, Spark, and Dask.

I was also a data scientist for 4 years before Prefect so always happy to chat about machine learning as well.

5 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Zach Angell, an Engineer at Prefect. I’m here to support Prefect users and learn about workflow orchestration.

3 Likes

:wave: Hey there!

I’m Bill - I’m Prefect’s head of product. My handle is @justabill and I live in Washington, DC - so most days I am quite literally just a bill sitting on Capitol Hill.

I’m very excited about Discourse’s tools to organize and prioritize questions and challenges. While our roadmap won’t be informed by any specific discussion here, the themes will absolutely shape the future of Prefect!

4 Likes

Hello world! :wave: I’m Chris White (username @cicdw) - when I’m not out playing in the Pacific Ocean you can find me CTO’ing for Prefect.

I first learned about the vision for Prefect when a workflow and database enthusiast named Jeremiah approached me with an incredibly compelling prototype many years ago. Since then, I’ve learned so much from our vibrant community, and I’m incredibly excited to continue learning and collaborating on Discourse!

4 Likes

Hello Everyone! :wave:

I found out about Prefect through colleagues at work. I just started using Prefect within the last couple of weeks, so I am still getting up to speed. We primarily use Prefect for workflow orchestration. So far it seems like an invaluable tool and I am excited to continue learning more about how I can use Prefect to orchestrate my data engineering tasks.

5 Likes

Hello here.
I’m Thomas a data engineer at PrestaShop.
Using prefect and prefect cloud as main orchestrator at PrestaShop.
I live near Paris.

4 Likes

Hey all, Noah from Mentimeter here :wave:
I’m a Data Engineer and tech lead based in our Stockholm HQ and we started using Prefect Cloud with AWS ECS as our main orchestrator in the spring of 2021. Currently nearing the end of migration from our legacy, home-grown ruby and cron based scheduling.

We’re mainly integrating APIs and our DW as well as scheduling DW based processing (dbt for example) with Prefect and I’m really looking forward to Orion and new use cases with Prefect.

3 Likes

Hello :wave:, Vishnu from Hackpartners in London

I am a data engineer, working on a project with UK’s train/rail performance data. I have been using Prefect for couple of years now. Really excited by the way the project and community are developing. Right now, at work we are using Prefect for scheduled ETL pipelines. However, I am also exploring the idea of using Prefect + Prefect Cloud as an API service as well.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello from Florida!
Exited to work with Prefect again! Very hopeful that the product has all the features we need to orchestrate our complex ETL workflows. Greetings to @jeremiah from JT!

2 Likes

Hi!
I’m Henning, free-range data clown based in Oslo, Norway.

I stumbled over Prefect some time in summer of 2021, because of the Coiled integration. At the moment I am working on setting up Prefect as the orchestrator in a modern data warehouse. My background is in economics and data science, but nowadays I am spending most of my time as a data engineer and Azure scullion.

2 Likes

Hi all !
I am Morten a data scientist who spent a lot of my time on data analysis of mobile games. A lot of my work is data engineer-related tasks and I found that Prefect could be an interesting solution to some of our challenges.

3 Likes

Hi All,
I am the CTO of Apps Consultants and we provide Data Science and Data engineering solutions for Medium to large companies. I stumbled across Prefect on a job description and thought it would interesting to see what it is.
I believe that it would be a great tool for orchestrating data pipelines for Graph databases. Would love to hear from people who have used it for the same.
Ashwin

3 Likes