Prefect 2.7.6 has just been released

This release fixes a critical bug in the SQLite database migrations in 2.7.4 and 2.7.5. See issue #8058 for details.

Note this release does not include any other changes from the main branch since 2.7.5. It is a backport of the migration bug fix.

We discovered a database migration issue with the 2.7.4 and 2.7.5 releases impacting Prefect Orion instances using SQLite. The issue breaks the relationship between some flow runs and flow run states.

This issue does not impact Prefect Cloud or Prefect Orion instances using PostgreSQL.

If you have upgraded to 2.7.4 or 2.7.5 and have lost flow run state data, please let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we resolved this issue.

1 Like

I just updated to 2.7.6, but the flow state is still shown as Unknown

Hi @ZelterNN. If you create a new flow run with 2.7.6 it should show with a Scheduled state.

If you’re using a SQLite database and created a flow run with an earlier version and then upgraded to 2.7.4 or 2.7.5 you’ll see an Unknown flow state.

yes, all flow freshly deployed after upgrading to 2.7.6 is working normally…

But for previous flows, deleting them from Deployment won’t remove them from Flow Runs. Reset the backend database and re-deploy them is a workable solution but it’s sorta clumsy in production environment.

Btw, prefect used to parse RRule semantically but now it shows only ‘RRule’. Is that expected?

For self-hosted production deploys we highly recommend Postgres for the backing database.

Not sure about RRule, will have to dig a bit tomorrow.

For long RRule viewing in the UI, see this issue. To see the schedule expanded, click on the Deployment. I’m not seeing it expand on hover. I will note that in the issue.

it used to semetically parsed it like ‘~every 3rd Monday at 3pm’ or something else…it’s not a big deal but a cool feature though